Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 83: Whew! I'm Exhausted!

Today has been quite a day. Looking back at it, I am wondering if it even happened. I woke up early this morning to get my workout in (cardio, like I'd planned) and was back upstairs and ready to start the day before 8:00. I hate, hate, HATE working out in the morning, but I am so glad I did seeing as how there would have been zero time anywhere else in the day to do it. After I worked out, I nursed Tenley and then got the two of us ready to leave the house by 9:30. We were pulling out of the driveway at 9:28 to head to La Porte to meet my mom to look for her dress for Brandon's wedding. It was a pretty successful trip and although she doesn't have a dress in her possession, she has her eye on one that can be ordered with just a simple phone call. We may look for other options while I'm home with her this week, but the one that she found in La Porte was really pretty. After we shopped, we went to BW3's to have lunch. Tenley was so incredibly good through this whole experience and had fun eating and reading with her Grandma during lunch.

After we ate lunch, we made the 45 minute drive home and went straight to Jeff and Julie's house for a visit and to see Katie and Stella. Stella is just so beautiful and Katie is such a loving and good mom. It was great to see both of them and great (as always!) to see Jeff, Julie, and the kids. We were there for quite awhile while I exchanged text messages with John about our evening plans. My plans were to go home, do laundry, and pack for the week but things didn't quite turn out that way. A bunch of John's basketball friends (for lack of a better way to describe them) were going out to dinner in Frankfort/Mokena and wanted us to come. I told him I would be happy to go as long as we could take Tenley so I headed home from Jeff and Julie's, fed and changed Tenley, and then we were back on the road once again. Dinner was really nice and we were able to catch up with these friends that I don't get to see very often. They all have great wives and I really wish we lived closer so I could get together with them more. They are just a really good group of people to be around. Words cannot describe how good Tenley was through all of the running we did today. She only fussed a few times at dinner and almost fell asleep in my lap before it was time to go home. Once we headed home, we stopped by The Creamery for a Rainbow Cone (yum!) and then finally hit the road. Now that I am back, I have done two loads of laundry (waiting on a third to be done), packed Tenley's food for the week, managed to pack some of her clothes that aren't being washed, and resigning myself to the fact that the rest will have to be done tomorrow. I really wanted to go to church in the morning but am afraid that I won't have time to get everything done that needs to be done before Ten and I leave around 2.

Now back to the workout. The Cardio was just fine this morning- I bit harder than usual since I did it right when I got up. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but I am going to try to get a workout in because I know I won't be able to do anything on Monday. Tenley and I will be traveling with my mom to Indy at 6:30 am for her annual doctor appointments and PET scan and then we will head straight to my aunt's in Ohio after that. I feel like if I take Monday as my rest day, maybe I can try to be conscious of my workouts from Tuesday-Saturday. Because Saturday is DAY 90. Can you believe it? Something tells me that this next week isn't going to go well with the traveling and Easter, so I may tack on a "bonus" week and really "end" on the 13th. I guess I will see how it goes. Until then,

7 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment