Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 60: Yoga? No! Cardio? YES!!

Today has been another busy day that flew by. Tenley woke up early to eat but then decided to fall back asleep until after 8 which gave me time to take the long-awaited but kind-of-dreaded Day 60 pictures. I am happy to say that even though I don't see much on a day to day basis, the pictures do show a change. And, on a very positive note, the swimsuit bottoms that I have been wearing to take the pictures in are too big and sag. On an EXTREMELY positive note, I think my chest is shrinking a bit because my swimsuit top covers WAY more than it did over the summer and even more than it did in my Day 30 picture. All of this to say, I'm happy that something is working. On a bad note, I weighed myself today and I am up a pound and a half since I last weighed myself and was at my lightest which is disappointing but nothing that is too discouraging.

Once Tenley woke up we got showered and drove out to Crown Point to Tiny Toes Ribbons and Bows to pick up the flower headband they had made to match Tenley's dress for my brother's wedding and to order Tenley's birthday outfit. I can't remember if I had talked about it before on here or not but I have had something kind of specific in mind for Ten's birthday but all of the outfits on the internet that I have found are WAY, WAAAAAY too expensive. I finally emailed the girls at TTRB to see what they might have and after telling her what I wanted, she came back with a price quote that was OVER HALF what I was finding on the internet. So, needless to say, we went with them. I'm just hoping that everything fits. She said it should be done in the next 2 weeks, so I am super excited to see it. After the TTRB experience, we went to the grocery store because we have 0 food items in the house besides cereal. Once the groceries were purchased, we headed home for lunch and the rest of the afternoon.

Eating today has been the norm. Breakfast and lunch were the same as usual and I had planned to make Chinese stir-fry for dinner but John came home from school around 4 and cooked himself a pizza, so my dinner plans flew out the window. He ended up running some errands and grabbed me some Subway which is just fine by me! I'm hoping that the stir-fry will be tomorrow's dinner which will work. It is the first Friday in months that there is no basketball, so I think it will be a quiet evening at home. Saturday night Julie is going to watch Ten so John and I can go to dinner together (the first time since NYE), go to Toys R Us to use our coupons for Tenley's birthday before the sale ends, and then John will get measured for his suit for Brandon's wedding. Sunday I'm hoping we will go to church and then John talked about going to the Tinley Park Irish Parade, so we'll see what happens.

Today's workout was supposed to be Yoga but I was just not feeling like yoga-ing today so I popped in the Cardio workout. I just feel like there needs to be another workout during the week that I REALLY sweat to and feel like I'm burning calories. Yoga just doesn't do that for me. The people in the Yoga DVD are always sweating up a storm and I can't figure it out. Either it is really hot in that room to get the effect or I'm doing something wrong. When I do Yoga, I do wake up the next morning feeling sore but it's just not the same as a good old Cardio workout. So that was my decision and I'm sticking with it.

After 60 long days, there are still 30 more to go!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're making progress :) You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete