Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 73: Nothing Could Ruin This Day

So today I decided to weigh myself on a whim. Something has been happening in the past few days; I have seen definition forming around my stomach, in my arms, and in my legs. So, first thing after nursing Tenley this morning I jumped on the scale and about lost my mind- I am down another pound and a half which put me at 120.8. I haven't seen this number for a couple of years let alone in the last 12 months. As I said in the beginning, this journey was never really about the numbers and more about getting toned and my clothes fitting again. At this point, I feel like I have been able to have it all. I still don't feel quite like myself and I really feel that my perception has been skewed by this pregnancy. Regardless, I am really pumped to see what these last 2 1/2 weeks bring.

After that surprise this morning, I feel like I was on cloud 9 all day. Tenley and I had a busy day planned and we left the house around 11:30 to pick up lunch and take it in to school. We had a great time visiting everyone and ended up staying there until after 3:00. Tenley was SUCH a good girl the whole time. She never got upset, never whined, and let everyone hold her. All in all, a VERY successful outing. Once we came home she went down for a nap and I was able to get my workout in.

Today's workout is probably one of my favorites, the "Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps" workout. It is a 59 minute workout with a short warmup and even shorter cool down, so you are really lifting a lot for the whole time. The last 7 minutes before the cool down is a "bonus round" according to Tony and I wasn't able to do it because Tenley woke up from her nap early. I also didn't get to do abs. But, as I sit here my arms are sore and I think I got in what I needed.

Tomorrow we will be spending the whole day at home and I think I should probably use this time to clean. I am hoping it is nice so that Tenley can go in her pool again since we didn't get a chance to do that today. Regardless, we are going to spend some time playing together because she didn't get a lot of Mommy time today. I love her so much. :)

17 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment