Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 66: Great Weather Makes Everything Better

Today has been a truly glorious day, mostly because the weather is so friggin' awesome. I just love getting up to sunshine and walking outside in bare feet. It really makes me excited for the Spring and Summer to come. We had Tenley for most of the Spring and all of Summer last year, but this year is going to be so much fun because she can explore and play on her own. We spent a good part of the morning outside in the back yard on a blanket with Tenley playing and me working on decorations for the birthday party. It was so relaxing to just sit in the sun and Tenley is perfectly content outside- no need to worry about her getting fussy in the sunshine! Something I do need to keep in mind is to start taking sunscreen with us wherever we go. And a hat for that bald little head. Her skin is so pale and the last thing I want is for her to burn. So Tenley and Baby Neutragena are going to BFFs with SPF from here on out.

I am so excited for the rest of the day because we have some fun plans. We are going to go on a walk and to the park with Beth, Becky, Finn and Reagan around 4 and then Jenny is coming over for our now-traditional Jimmy Johns and catch-up session. I haven't talked to her since the last time she was here, so I am dying to hear what is going on with her and at school in the department. I miss my co-workers and need monthly updates about them if at all possible. :)

Today's workout was Back and Biceps and it is one of the better workouts. I am really sore this week for some reason; I woke up this morning feeling like jelly (and weighing in at the lowest I have weighed yet since being pregnant- yippee!) and my back really tweaks every once in awhile. I think that using heavier weights on Monday might be the culprit. Regardless, today's workout was pretty good and I used 10 pound weights for most of the bicep exercises instead of 8s, so that is an accomplishment. I wasn't even using 10 pound weights when I was taking classes at Gator's. I even used 15 pound weights for the lawnmowers and am thinking that I could probably try the 20s next time just to see if I can do it. We'll see.

That is all for today. Tenley is still napping in her swing and I need to jump in the shower so we can get ready for our evening. I love today!

24 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment