Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 67: Cardio

Today has been a pretty good day. How could it not be with this beautiful weather? Tenley woke up a little earlier than usual which was OK because she ended up snuggling in bed with me for a bit before we got up. I love her because she allows me to really wake up before having to start our day- she must take after me. :) Once we got up we ate breakfast and then ran to Target. This Target run was a MUST because we are out of bread and that is a vital part of our lunches every day. Once we returned from Target, we played in her room until it was time for lunch and then spent the early afternoon outdoors. It was HOT! Holy cow. I felt bad for Ten because I lathered her in sunscreen and made her wear a hat which made her head sweat. She didn't seem to mind, though- anything to be outside. Once we came in it was time for her to eat (again) and then she voluntarily fell asleep for a nap and has been in her crib now for about an hour. If she can sleep long enough for me to cool off from my workout (our house is HOT) and shower, I will be a very happy camper.

Today was supposed to be Yoga but I took a page from last week's book and substituted Cardio X instead. I like the Cardio X option because it starts with Yoga, moves to Kenpo, incorporates Plyo, and ends with Core, all in a 45 minute workout. I just feel like I accomplished something and really break a sweat instead of blundering through 50 minutes of Yoga. Thursdays were always so disappointing because you get a really good arm and ab workout in the day before (but don't sweat much) and then do another low intensity workout the next day. Now I feel like I'm truly doing a sweat your brains out workout every other day with strength training in between. Maybe I'm crazy but who cares? It's my workout.

I am going to attempt to finally make that Chinese stir-fry tonight. That's right, I still haven't been able to make it because John is NEVER home. He just called me and said that he's going to his uncle's tonight to change his shocks or something. That means that Monday he was wrapped up in doing his highlight tape, Tuesday he was gone all night at his awards banquet, last night he was out in the garage for 3 1/2 hours working on the car (Jenny was here at least, so there was some adult company), tonight he will be at his uncle's for who knows how long, and he's going overnight to Peoria tomorrow to Saturday for the state boy's basketball finals. Sigh. I wish I could go to my parents' house this weekend to see them and my grandparents (grandpa just had his knee replaced and came home yesterday) but I probably shouldn't spend the money on gas. I can't wait until the week before Easter when I will be with my mom over her Spring Break and we get to go see my cousin's new house in Ohio. That's what I am really looking forward to right now. Which, now that I think about it, is a little bittersweet because I believe my 90 days is up around Easter which means there are still at least 15 days until my mom's Spring Break. Double Sigh.

23 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment