Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 78: Last Time for Chest, Shoulders, and Back

I can't believe I am in the last week of muscle work for this program. When I think about it, 90 days have gone by pretty fast! Today was a day full of less than no motivation, so I am happy I got a workout in at all! Tenley woke up around 7:30, nursed, and then conked back out until 8:30. That was just fine by me except for the fact that as soon as I poured myself a bowl of cereal and sat down to eat it, she popped up with a great big smile like, "Hello, world! I'm ready for action!" She was in a great mood all day and even allowed me to get some more stuff for her party accomplished. I think that we are pretty much all set to go for that party aside from the food which obviously can't be done until closer to time. The invites are all addressed and ready to go out as soon as I slap stamps on them, so hopefully they will be in the mail tomorrow. Once some party planning and playing was accomplished, we ate lunch and then I actually laid down with her for her nap. She slept from about 1-3 which was great. I knew John would be home after school and after him being gone all weekend, I had no qualms about asking him to watch her for an hour while I worked out. Once the workout was in, we had a nice dinner of roast beef, mashed potatoes, and corn and now the night lays before us. It will include a bath for Ten, a shower for me, a call to my mom, and bed.

Today's workout is one of my least favorite because it's tons of pushups and I'm happy to be done with that one until I start the program again. My arms are sore, but I can do all of the moves (except for the one arm pushups- WTF? I think I would have to be a freak of nature to get those right) and I am proud of how my arm and chest strength has improved over the past few months. I won't be winning any pushup contests any time soon, but at least I don't laugh at Tony every time he demonstrates a move. That is an improvement.

Tomorrow I am planning on heading out to the mall to find Tenley an Easter dress. I am going to try to go in the morning (maybe with Becky and Finn- hooray!) so that we are home in the afternoon to nap and get dinner. We will see how it goes. Becky is going to take Tenley's one year pictures at some point in the next month so it will be fun having her along to pick out a dress so we can use it in those pictures. Hopefully I can get my Plyo workout in tomorrow afternoon while Tenley naps, otherwise it will be another Daddy/Daughter bonding session while Mommy gets her butt kicked.

12 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment