Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 63: (Im)patiently Waiting...

Today has been a really nice day. The weather was BEAUTIFUL and we had planned to take Tenley to the Tinley Park St. Patrick's Day Parade. We got up at a decent time (curses, Daylight Savings!) and played around the house this morning. At around 1, we loaded up the car and headed to Tinley.

I would recommend this parade to anyone with children. It is not a crazy, drunken parade like I've heard the South Side Parade is. It was very family oriented with a lot of variety. It was also VERY long- we ended up leaving before it was over because we wanted to beat the traffic. Once we got home, we played for awhile and then Grandma Carol came to visit. Now we are waiting for John to bring home a pizza (NOT good, I know) and I am very happy that today was a P90X rest day. I am vowing to be a lot better about my workouts this week and I don't see much standing in the way since we have zero plans so far.

Now for the reason for the title of this post. Among the nice, relaxing things I did this morning, I got to have a Facebook chat session with Rachel to talk about her upcoming due date and various last minute feelings about her little tater tot entering the world. She has been really uncomfortable and unable to sleep but all of this was supposed to be coming to an end Wednesday. Imagine my surprise when I check Facebook after the parade and her status update says that she is at the hospital! It turns out that she will be delivering in just a few hours and I am DYING of anticipation for that baby to be here and to finally hear her name! I don't know if I will hear anything yet tonight or not but I wish Rachel, James, and TT the best of luck and can't wait to see pictures of the beautiful little lass! :)

27 days to go...]

No comments:

Post a Comment