Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 82: A Wonderfully Fantastical Day

Today was seriously such a great day. I wish Spring Break lasted all year round because it has been so much fun hanging out with my friends and their kiddos this week. Becky and I had been talking about taking Ten and Finn to the zoo today for the past week but when we woke up the weather indicated that this would be a VERY bad idea. Becky text messaged me at around 7:15 to ask if we wanted to take the kids to see the Easter Bunny and then try out Bellaboo's in Lake Station instead. I was of course onboard and it turned out to be an awesome day.

First the Easter Bunny. We got to the mall around 10:15 or so and were the only people within miles of the Easter Bunny's lair. Or whatever. Becky said that it might be a good idea to stand outside the ropes and let the kids see the Easter Bunny first, so that's what we did. Tenley was so funny- she saw the bunny waving at her right away and was smiling and waving back which was seriously so cute. Finn was a little more tentative, so Becky told us to go ahead. I took Tenley right up to the bunny and she was smiling, laughing, and waving at him...until I tried to hand her over. Then she kind of freaked out and cried but settled down long enough to get some pictures of her with an extremely skeptical face. It was the next best thing to a smile and we will definitely remember this experience for years. :) Finn did a great job and he, Santa, and The Easter Bunny are all BFFs forever. After The Easter Bunny experience, we took the kids to Carson's to change their clothes and then it was off to Bellaboo's.

For those of you who don't know what Bellaboo's is (I didn't until last night), it is wonderful place to take your kids full of fun activities. They have little rooms that each have a different theme with different activities. We dropped by each room but spent a lot of time in the baby room which was fully padded and had a miniature ball pit, a little ballet barre in front of a mirror that Tenley spent a whole lot of time pulling herself up on, and a kind of padded house that had toys inside. We also liked the pretend area that had a grocery store, kitchen area, and dress-up clothes. The kids really liked the Reading Room, but mostly because it had a step that they liked to climb up and (almost) fall down. We ended the day in the Water Room which is hard to explain but a lot of fun. Someone left that area looking like she had peed her pants and it wasn't Becky, Finn (obviously) or Tenley. The only negative part of the experience was lunch because they were SO SLOW in taking orders and getting the food out. I didn't realize how hungry Tenley must have been because as soon as I put her in that highchair she wanted food RIGHT NOW. When the food finally came it was awesome, and Tenley and Finn very sweetly shared a grilled cheese sandwich. We left around 2:30 and had two very tired babies. Tenley ended up napping all the way home and for a bit once we got home. When she woke up, I nursed her and she fell asleep again until John got home. What a day!

Since we had a big day, we decided to take it easy tonight. John watched Tenley for an hour while I did my workout which I greatly appreciated. I decided to do Kenpo tonight for two reasons. One, because it was either that or Cardio and I didn't want to do Cardio two days in a row and two, I want to try to workout first thing tomorrow morning and Cardio is the shortest workout I can do. It felt pretty good and, as always, I'm just glad that it's done. We are meeting my mom in La Porte tomorrow morning at 10:30 to help her find a dress for my brother's wedding (hooray!) so I really hope to get my workout in early and not have to do it when I get home. We'll see how that goes tomorrow.

8 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment