Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 62: A Very Productive Saturday

Today has been extremely productive, hence the title of this post. This was the first Saturday in months that John didn't have to get up and go to a practice of some sort which was nice. Tenley woke up, nursed, and then we played for a bit before I decided that today would be the day that this disgusting house got a decent cleaning. John (finally) took the dogs to be groomed today, and I wanted them to come home to a house that would be as fresh as them. I stripped the bed, did the laundry, and cleaned the house while Tenley followed me around and played. I don't care what anyone says- in my opinion, this age where she can crawl, pull up, and entertain herself for periods of time is the BEST. She is so much fun to watch and she doesn't need me every second. the needing me every second thing is great when I don't have to do anything, but it's like I told her today, "Ten, Mommy can't be with you every single second. Mommy has to do some work sometimes too." I know she doesn't understand, but my house does need to be cleaned every now and then and I am happy that I am now able to do it when she is awake. Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to (and have the patience to) be on the floor and play with her every second of my life. But I feel like I need to draw the line somewhere because I spend the majority of every day on the floor, talking to her, cuddling her, and playing with her. I need to put some ME back in my life, even if that ME is cleaning the house. OK. Enough said. I am loving being a stay-at-home mom and feel like that bit of balance I've been needing is finally peaking through once in awhile.

Once the house was clean, I played with Ten a bit more and then put her in her swing for her nap where she has been for an hour now. I was able to work out and today's workout was Kenpo X. That is such a good Saturday workout because it goes fast, makes you sweat, and won't make me feel as guilty about the food and drink I will consume tonight. John and I are having a sort of date night which we haven't had since New Year's Eve. Julie is watching Tenley (she is the absolute BEST) and John and I are going to get dinner and do some errands. One of which is to get him measured for his suit for Brandon's wedding (3 months away!) and another is getting Tenley some kind of super cool birthday present. I have always wanted to have an excuse to go to Toys R Us and now we have one- wahoo!! I don't have any idea where we are eating but I am hoping for a Champps or Rock Bottom sort of night. Whatever we do, I want to be home by 9 so that I can feel Tenley and lay down with her. I'm just not to the point yet where I can have someone else put her to bed without me. Even on some nights that I have gone to the movies and she's stayed with John I have still nursed her after and put her to sleep. Not ready to let that one go yet.

Tomorrow we are hoping to utilize the nice weather and go to the Tinely Park Irish Parade. If anyone out there reading this wants to go with or meet us there, give me a buzz!

28 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment