Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 59: Just Call Me Jelly Arms

Today has flown by in a sort of haze for some reason. I am so bummed that it was so warm out but SO WINDY and just couldn't bring myself to taking Tenley out. The wind scares me and I don't think we would have made it to the park in the stroller or car/wagon without being blown away. Instead, we played inside and I worked on some more stuff for Tenley's party. This party has been so much fun to work on and plan and it is especially fun that some things are coming to fruition. I think I have most of the decorations done (there aren't many) or at least everything is purchased to put together. Yesterday I tried another round of Marshmallow puffs and they turned out really well. My nephew came over for John to cut his hair last night (I know, scary!) and when I told him to try one he told me that he thought they were glass ornaments which makes me think that they must have looked pretty good. I also did some chocolate dipped Oreos which turned out REALLY well. Neither took much time, so I'm hoping that stays true when I do them in bulk the week before the party.

Today's food intake has been really good- same as usual. John is going to a basketball game tonight so I am thinking that it will be a Jimmy John's night (sandwich ONLY). I am a little freaked out about tomorrow being Day 60 and having to take a picture so I am going to try to eat early tonight. I know that it won't make much difference, but I want to be as "fit" as possible tomorrow morning. :)

Today's workout was Shoulders and Arms which is one of my favorites followed by Ab Ripper X. Although I like this workout, it is the first hour and a half workout I've done since before the "Stretch" week and it seemed like it took FOREVER. The Shoulders and Arms workout is timed at 59 minutes and Ab Ripper is 16 so that is a LONG time. But, I did it all and my arms feel like jelly. I know that's a good thing, I just hope I'm not super sore tomorrow because I use my arms a lot to, you know, lift my child and stuff. The great thing about this workout is that I did most of the moves with 10 pound weights instead of 5s and 8s which is good. That may be the reason for the jelly.

So, like I said, tomorrow is Day 60. I was looking at the book and this final phase is 4 weeks of alternating workout followed by a final week of the 'rest/stretch" routine. I think that I wrap this all up on Easter weekend which is a pretty good time. I then plan to spend the next two weeks using Tenley's naps for party prep and then will try to start the P90X Lean program after her birthday leading up to my brother's wedding. That's the plan. We'll see if it comes to fruition...

31 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment