Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 74: A Little of This, A Little of That

The title of this post describes my day perfectly. Although I haven't done any cleaning today, I have done a bunch of random stuff that needed to be done. I worked a little bit on things for Tenley's birthday party, organized the chaos that is the guest room full of party supplies, played and read to Tenley, and took her outside to play in the pool in the backyard. Once we got in from "swimming", she ate and went right down for her nap. That gave me just enough time to work out.

Today is Thursday so I should have done Yoga but I substituted Cardio instead. I just feel like I get such a good workout from the Cardio and it's only 43 minutes long (which is about as much time as I would have spent on the Yoga). Plus, the first 10 minutes of this workout is Yoga, so I'm not totally cheating, right? It's a good thing that I decided to do this because Tenley slept until the second I shut the DVD player off and then started to cry. She must have my workouts memorized by now.

On a totally separate note (and maybe a TMI moment for those of you who don't like to hear about personal stuff) I feel like crap today because my monthly cycle decided to return to me for the first time since August 2010 yesterday. Exactly 11 months to the day from when Tenley was born. Isn't that weird? I was so enjoying not having to mess with all that and am kind of surprised that it took this long to return. Now I have to deal with a few days (hopefully) of cramping an feeling gross. I hate this part about being a woman. Enough said.

Tomorrow starts my weekend of just me and Tenley while John lives it up with his friends partying in St. Louis. I am beyond jealous. Thank goodness we have Betty's shower and The Hunger Games to look forward to. I think I'm so jealous because he gets to leave this house and not worry one second about anything but how he's going to get his next drink, meal, and cab ride to the next location. Will that ever happen for me again? I know that when I go away for 24 hours to Indy next month I will have Tenley up to the last second I get to the car and he will be shoving her back at me the first second I walk in the door. I can't imagine how he would react if when he gets home on Sunday he walks through the door, I hand him Tenley, and then take off to do something. We'll see how it goes.

16 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment