Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 72: What a DAY!

Today seemed incredibly busy and I know it really wasn't, but I am sitting here writing this blog with a snoozing baby beside me and wondering where the day went. Tenley and I got up and had a fairly relaxing morning before going to visit Carrie at Carson's at around 11. I wanted to see if they had an Easter dress for Tenley (they didn't) and it's always nice to visit Carrie. After that, we ran to Target to pick up a few things. After returning home, we ate lunch and Tenley took a (short) nap before we had to leave to get Cameron from school. Once we had Cameron, we ran to pick up some things from a friend's and returned home where Tenley splashed in her baby pool which had to be about the cutest thing ever. The fact that I had my baby in a pool in the backyard on the first day of spring is mind blowing, but I'll take it! Since Cameron was here to watch Ten, I was able to put dinner together and it was ready a little after 6. The bad thing was that I had not yet worked out and since my workout was supposed to be Plyo, there was no way for me to eat meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn directly before doing said workout. So I grudgingly left that yummy dinner on the table for John and Tenley and went to the basement to work out. Once my hour of torture was over, I was able to eat with Tenley on my lap, take a shower, and call my mom. Those are the events leading up to the state I am now.

A great thing happened today. I pulled more of my summer clothes out of the closet to try on because I NEED to get rid of some of the junk I don't wear anymore. The clothes I pulled out today were clothes that I bought to wear on our trip to Vegas a couple of years ago and everything fit. And not just fit, but looked OK too. I'm still not exactly where I want to be, but it sure does feel good to know that I really am back in my clothes. As a last ditch attempt at making myself feel really good, I put on my bridesmaid dress and it literally slid down off of my chest. Which is amazing since my chest has been the most out of control thing about me post-baby besides my stomach area. So all in all, that made for a great experience.

Today's Plyo workout was tough. It was much later in the day than usual and I hadn't had anything to eat since my 1:00 lunch. I got through it though and felt great about it. All that exertion also insured that I only ate once meatloaf instead of two which was probably a very good thing. Tonight's dinner was NOT on any type of healthy meal list.

Tomorrow Ten and I are going into school to see to have lunch with my coworkers which I am looking forward to. The downside (diet-wise, definitely not in any other way) is that we are having Memos and I will surely eat like it's going out of style. Oh well. The rest of the week is looking pretty dim as far as plans go until Betty's shower this weekend and THE HUNGER GAMES on SUNDAY!!!! Hooray!

18 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment