Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 69: Is the Apocalypse Upon Us?

I ask this because of the absolutely GORGEOUS weather we have been having. Holy cow. I watched The Descendants last night (which, if you haven't seen it, is set in beautiful Hawaii) and wasn't even envious because it's been so nice here. I love it. No matter what happens, sunshine can help.

Today has been a nice Saturday. Tenley and I got up a little before 8 and ate breakfast. We played in her room while we waited for the grass to dry a little then spent the rest of the morning outside. John came home around 11 and then left again to run errands. Becky called and wanted us to meet her and Finn at the park which we happily did and were there until 2:30. It was so nice to be with the kids in the grass and catch up a bit- I really needed that. And, as a side note, for all of you who commented or texted me last night after reading yesterday's blog, THANK YOU. It really means a lot and I am really trying to get out of my funk. I feel like it is better. The only bad thing about today is that Tenley had a very short nap and threw a complete awful screaming tantrum for 20 minutes. I seriously thought I was going to lose my mind. When she is like that, I never have any frustration towards her but I get so frustrated that I just have to sit there and let her scream. I couldn't pick her up and she just rolled around on the floor screaming. It was AWFUL. So awful that I called John (because he of course wasn't home) and told him that he needed to drop what we was doing and get home before I ran screaming out of the house. Of course when he came home Tenley was sucking on her pacifier in my arms and perked right up when she heard the door. John then took her and I went straight downstairs to do my workout. Thank goodness today was Kenpo X because I kicked and punched most of my frustrations out in that 58 minute workout.

I'm hoping Tenley cooperates the rest of the night because we are planning to grill out and relax in the back yard. I am so looking forward to just sitting, eating, and drinking a bit. We'll see how it goes. At least my workout is in.

21 days to go

No comments:

Post a Comment