Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 50: Pretty Good for a Monday

It seems that since I am a stay-at-home mom, it shouldn't matter what day of the week it is. I mean, why dread Mondays when you do the same thing on Monday that you do on Friday? I definitely don't dread Mondays like I used to when it meant going back to work after a weekend of fun or relaxation, but the beginning of the week still brings somewhat of an ugh feeling- and I don't know why. Maybe it's the getting back into the routine of things or maybe it's the notion that I will not see another adult (besides John whom I see rarely anyway) until the next weekend. Whatever it is, it is still hard for Tenley and I to get our butts in gear at the beginning of the week. Today was a bit of an exception, though.

Tenley woke up around 12:15 last night and didn't want to go back to sleep, so I got up and nursed her which meant that she then slept until 9:15 this morning. Totally redeeming herself for the midnight wake up. Once we got up and had breakfast, I finished her laundry and then tore through her room, storing clothes that are too small (tear) and rearranging her closet so it is a little more functional. She is getting to the point where I can't just keep her in footed sleepers all day because they have no traction, so I dedicated a whole drawer to "play clothes"; clothes to wear during the day that are simple onsies with cotton pants or non-footed pajamas that she can wear, doesn't have to worry about dirtying, and won't wipe out in with all of the standing she's doing. That's ALL this child does is pull herself up. Her butt is probably wondering why it is getting no use except for continually banging on the floor. :) I love it and she is even standing for pretty long periods of time without holding on to anything. I have a feeling that walking is just around the corner.

Aside from being productive, today is also the first game for John in the IHSA Boys Basketball Regionals. The next game that his team loses means the end of the season. Tenley and I are planning to go to Homewood Flossmoor tonight for his game versus Lincoln-Way East, but it doesn't even start until 7:30. I have a feeling that I am going to have one tired, cranky baby by the middle of that game, especially because it is now 3:20 and she has already had her nap. Hopefully I can keep her happy and John's team can win.

In P90X land, we are now in an "in between" week of core strengthening/muscle relaxation or something like that. When I looked at the agenda for the week this morning, I was less than impressed to see that today's workout was Yoga. Blech. But, I did it and I am getting a lot more steady with the moves. I am now able to do all of them but probably look pretty ridiculous most of the time. Oh well- at least it is done for today!

Not much to note about food- breakfast and lunch were the same and tonight's dinner will probably consist of leftovers or something of that nature. Usually I get Subway after John's games but his game is starting a full hour later than usual and is a little bit further away than his school so we won't make it home until pretty late. If they win tonight, they play at the same place tomorrow at the same time so we just have to wait and see how it goes.

40 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment