Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 29: New Week, New Workout

So today started a new phase in P90X and I am absolutely pooped from the workout today. I am so amazed to see that my body did get used to the stuff in the last phase and that by doing something totally new, my muscles are exhausted. I like this program more by the day and LOVE the fact that I am able to stick with it thus far. Tomorrow will mark 30 days of working out/eating better and I really can feel a change in my body. Thank goodness.

Today has been a fairly relaxed day after our busy weekend. Tenley and I have spent the day playing and doing laundry. Breakfast and lunch are back to normal and dinner will be (leftover) pulled pork sandwiches and homestyle mac and cheese. Not healthy in the least, but it's all I have to work with right now until I go to the grocery store tomorrow. I HATE going to the grocery store but I am almost out of lunch food again and my need to stay on track during the day outweighs my disgust for the grocery store.

Today's workout was labeled Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps and it was a BUNCH of pushups straight arm raises with weights. I am not in love with this workout but it went fast today because it is new. It didn't repeat any moves, so that is different than Day 1 of phase 1 and I think I like this one better. What I like best about this DVD is one of the demonstrators whose name is Laura. In every DVD, Tony works out with three "buddies." They are usually (OK, always) pretty badass and can just rock every move to perfection. In today's workout, there was one guy I had seen before and the other two were new. Laura appeared to be in her fifties (if Laura is reading this and is far younger, then I hope she will forgive me) and in excellent shape. Tony pointed out that she was in the P90 test group and that is how she got in such great shape. As we started warming up, I noticed that Laura's knees weren't as high as the other people, her moves not as exaggerated and as we really got going, Laura did all the pushups on her knees and Tony praised her for it because he said she was "Doing the absolute best she could." This made me feel better because although I can do some of the reps for each move on my feet, I ALWAYS go to my knees to keep my form and I was afraid that he would think I was "doggin' it" as he so eloquently puts it. Now, because of Laura, I can rest assured that I am doing what I need to do to (hopefully) get results.

I can't believe tomorrow is Day 30. This means that I have to take another picture and I am curious to see if I notice a physical change. Here's hoping that when Day 60 rolls around, the change will be outstanding. 61 days to go...

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you for making it to day 30! You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete