Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 32: I'm EXHAUSTED

Today has been a whirlwind. I can't believe it is already 5:00 and I can not wait to go to bed tonight. I got up way early today because of John talking to himself and his inability to shut off his alarm after he's already left the room and couldn't go back to sleep. It's probably a good thing, because Tenley decided to wake up over an hour earlier than usual so we were up for the day early. It didn't bother me too much, because she was in a really good mood which made her a prime candidate for running errands with Mommy.

Tenley's first birthday is upon us and I have been really torn about what to do. I know that birthdays are a big deal, but I wasn't really looking to have a big birthday party for her because of expense and knowing that I would end up biting off more than I could chew. I had hoped to have a Terry Family party here, a Walter Family party back home, and then maybe a small get together for our friends with kids/about to have kids/etc. The more I thought about this, the more I realized that it would be more work and probably more expense to have three separate parties, plus none of these groups of people would fit in our house anyways. So I have started planning one big party and I have a feeling that it is going to be a doozy. Whomever created Pinterest, thank you- you have really made my DIY juices flow.

The lengthy paragraph above really does have a point- Tenley's impending party was the reason for the errands today. I wanted to go to Michael's and JoAnn Fabrics for some inspiration and the trip was successful. I really wish I would have skipped JoAnn because although I found some stuff there, I didn't find near what I thought I would. All I wanted was scrapbook paper that was black with white polka dots and paper that was red with white polka dots. I found the red paper but there wasn't anything close to being a black/white version. When I told the lady at the counter, she told me that I could get black paper and glue sequins on it. WTF? I just looked at her like she was crazy and said, "I don't think so." What I wanted her to say was, "Oh, it's out of stock, but we will have some soon." Thanks JoAnn lady, you were NO HELP.

Once I returned home, I decided to mess around with centerpiece ideas and then baked red velvet cupcakes with homemade butter cream frosting to see how they would turn out. Everything worked out great and I am committed to trying to do as much of the food as possible myself in hopes of saving some money...? We'll see.

Because of all of this work, I am exhausted but I did find the time to do my workout which was Yoga X. Yuck. I just really get bored with this stupid workout but I feel very stretched when I am done so I think that it must serve some purpose. I'm just glad it's done for the day.

Food has been fine today. I sampled the frosting to make sure it wasn't gross before putting it on the cupcakes but I have not eaten any cupcakes (yet). I have 2 cupcakes set aside for me and John for dessert tonight and the rest are wrapped up on platters for John to (hopefully) take to his basketball team tomorrow. Tonight's dinner will be pot roast, mashed potatoes, and corn on top of cupcakes, so I am happy that I have not snacked at all today. And that the dreaded banana bread is gone.

58 days to go...

2 comments:

  1. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to make all the food for Tenley's birthday. Make some stuff yourself that you can do the day before and either put it out or use the CrockPot, rest of it, just order from Strack's or get pizza. I stressed myself out for Reagan's 1st birthday we made all the food ourselves and it was exhausting. After that party, I did a combination of making some stuff and ordering the rest - or if anyone asks you if they can bring anything, take them up on their offer:) I'm sure it will be a great party for Tenley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited you're planning the party! Let me know if/how I can help! I may be a bit preggo, but I can always cook or work on DIY stuff. Super proud of you for keeping up with Power 90. :)

    ReplyDelete