Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 44: Ply-O.M.G.!!

Today is Tuesday which means it is the day of the dreaded Plyo workout. I have come to dread this workout for a few reasons:

1. It is hard
2. It is EXHAUSTING
3. I've been doing it for so long that I have the order of the moves memorized which makes me over-anticipate each and every awful part
4. It is a repeat workout so once you finish four awful moves you have to repeat those four awful moves before getting a 30 second break and moving on to another four awful moves

The good thing about today's Plyo workout? It is over. It is only 2:10 in the afternoon and my workout is done for today and for that I am grateful. What I am not grateful for? My poor, sick baby. Tenley has not been sick once in her short 10 months (she's 10 months today!); no sniffles, no earaches, no vomiting, nothing. She has developed this awful cough in the past three days and it breaks my heart every time I hear it. So far we have been lucky- no fever, no stuffy nose, and a pretty good mood. I am just waiting for it to develop into something more. I called the doctor today and they said that there wasn't anything they could do and didn't need to see her unless the cough lasted more than 5 days or if she has a fever. I am going to call again on Thursday if she doesn't sound better by then. Luckily, she isn't coughing continuously or all the time; it is just every once in awhile but when she does cough there is so much phlegm that she almost gags on it. It makes me worry for when she sleeps. :(

Aside from the horrendous workout and my poor baby, everything else has been normal today. We had Clara before school again which was fun and we caught up on Dance Moms and worked on decorations for Tenley's party. Once Clara left, I had a little bit more time to putter around before Tenley got up at 8:45. She didn't take a morning nap and actually fell asleep in my lap around 12:30 and has been asleep ever since. I hope she just relaxes and rests for a little longer so that I can get a shower and so that she can sleep and feel better.

Food has been fine today- breakfast and lunch were the same as usual. I may get Jimmy John's tonight (sandwich only) because John has a game and I really don't have anything to make myself. I'm hoping that Tenley doesn't wake up too cranky, because it's just her and me all day and all night. More than anything, I want her to feel better.

46 days to go!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Tenley! If you don't already have one going, do a cool mist vaporizer in her room with the window open just a crack and then see if you can ever so slightly angle her crib mattress. We had to do that with Reagan when she was a baby because all she had was a cough and there was nothing that could be done. Good luck! And good for you for sticking with the workouts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrisanne, I'm sorry about Tenley. Having a sick baby is pretty much the most awful thing in the entire world. :( I hope she feels better. Have you decided on a date for Tenley's party yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alice- thanks so much for the suggestions! Julie got us a plug in vaporizer for her room and I plugged it in for a couple hours before she went to bed (but didn't leave it plugged in all night because it was REALLY strong) and I think that coupled with a vapor rub helped a bit. If she still sounds awful tomorrow I am going to call the doctor because they said they would see her if it went for 5 days or more.

    @Becky- Thanks! I feel pretty lucky- she hasn't been too bad but she looks and sounds kind of pitiful. As far as a date for her party, we are aiming for her actual birthday since it is on a Saturday and if not that day then April 22. I am hoping to have that finalized over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete