Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 39: Plyo Instead of Yoga

Today has been another good day. I don't know why it makes such a difference because we are inside all day no matter what the weather, but a sunny day sure does a lot to improve my mood and productivity. I woke up this morning feeling like I could tackle the world and even though I didn't do anything close, I at least felt like I got some stuff done.

Tenley didn't wake up until after 9 today but that was after getting up around 2 to eat. I haven't had to get up with her for about a week, but every once in awhile she will wake up and not put herself back to sleep. I was so surprised when I woke up today and it was 8:30 with not a peep from Ten. When she did wake up, I had just poured myself a bowl of cereal so I grabbed her and nursed her while I ate. When she was done nursing I sat her on the bed by me and I thought she smelled kind of funny. Sure enough, I picked her up and she had pooped through her diaper, her shirt, AND her sleep sack. Normally one might be a little annoyed by this but I was ecstatic; this child FINALLY had a normal, mooshy, unpainful poop. Dealing with this massive poop was a bit tricky- I ended up having to strip her all the way down and throw her in the tub. She thought this was just great and splashed away while I splashed the remnants of poop down the drain. The most appropriate thing to say in this situation is, "Holy Crap."

Eating today has been just fine and I am a bit unsure about dinner. I am not cooking for us tonight because John said that he wants to take Tenley to the girl's regional finals at his school. I know he would like to have me come along, but I think I will take this no-baby opportunity to get some cleaning done and take a real shower. It's the little things these days. I have spent a lot of time today playing with Tenley and working on her month-by-month banner for her birthday party. It involves a lot of construction paper and cutting, but it's coming along slowly but surely. So far the stuff for her party has been a lot of fun. I'm most concerned about the food but I am going to take Alice's advice and probably do some of it myself and either cater the rest or ask family to help. My mom and I discussed doing pulled pork which I think would be great...I just need to compare the price of pork loin for that many people to Strack's chicken. Oh, the perils of party planning!

Today's workout was really good. That Plyo workout is SO HARD no matter how many times you do it. I feel like I really gave it my all today and I am dead tired after. I think the drawback to doing the Plyo today is that I forgot that Friday's workout is always Legs and Back and my legs will probably be shot after today. I think I'm going to see how I feel and may substitute another workout if I feel like I won't be able to do it. Only tomorrow will tell. 51 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment