Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 36 and 37: Embarrassed

I hate the fact that I had to combine the last two days in a post because it means, you guessed it- I did NOT work out either day! I knew going home would throw a big wrench in this whole eating/working out program but I was really committed to getting my workouts in. I thought I had a little more will power and motivation than I displayed this weekend. The thing about going home is that we are extremely busy ALL the time. There are so many people to see- especially now that I have Tenley. I'll give you a little taste of what my days were like.

Monday I slept in which was my first mistake. I should have been up at 7:30 like I planned so that I could have worked out, but both Tenley and I slept until 9:30 which is unheard of. I had a haircut with my cousin Staci at 11, so my mom and I packed up Tenley and headed up to LaGrange. After the haircut, we had already planned to do lunch with Staci and my aunt and of course we sat there and visited for quite a while. We had plans later in the day to go to my cousin's basketball game so we went home for exactly an hour and ten minutes before having to head to that. That was not enough time to workout and shower again, so mom and I worked on testing out marshmallow pops for Tenley's party (which turned out super cute). After the game, we came home and made dinner. The only TV with a DVD player in my parents' house is in the living room, so I couldn't work out at night without taking the TV away. Once everyone was done watching TV, it was time to go to bed. :(

Tuesday wasn't much better. Tenley got up right when I was planning to work out, and there is no way to workout with her in the room and awake. My grandparents then stopped to visit and stayed at the house until it was time for me to grab Subway and go eat with my mom. After lunch, we had to head directly home where I had to unpack the whole car. By the time that was done, John was on his way home to get Valentine's dinner and to go see our new niece, Stella. We went to El Salto for dinner at 5:30 and didn't get our food until 6:45. I didn't even get to eat the food in the restaurant because Tenley was so fussy after having to sit there for over an hour. It was awful. We then took Tenley to Julie's so that we wouldn't have to take her to the hospital and then drove the hour to Northwestern to see the baby. Who is absolutely precious and tiny and adorable. :) By the time we got home and picked up Tenley it was almost 10:00 and I was exhausted.

The above two paragraphs are full of excuses and I am embarrassed that I had to make those excuses in the first place. I am hoping that I can get back on track with my Wednesday workout and go from there. I am not going to make up the Monday workout, but I am going to substitute Plyometrics for Yoga on Thursday so I feel like I get that workout in. Because Yoga just doesn't feel like it does anything for me and I don't really mind missing it for a more intense workout. Hopefully this was just a little bump in the road.

53 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment