Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 25: X Stretch

Today has been a strange day in workout land. In the past 25 days, I have followed the P90X workout plan (almost) completely. I have missed 1 yoga workout, 1 1/2 Ab Ripper X workouts, and half of a Leg workout. The only other thing I haven't done up to this point is the X Stretch. This is not a bad thing because, in the workout manual, it clearly states that Day 7 is either "X Stretch or Rest" and I have opted to rest. This week is a bit different because it is a stretch week between phases, so after doing three days of pretty intense core work, today very specifically said "X Stretch." No rest mentioned. So I begrudgingly put the X Stretch DVD in and settled in for 57 minutes of stretching. 57 minutes. Of just stretching. BO-RING!!! In all actuality, it was probably something that my body needed, but it took FOREVER and I almost feel more achy now than I did before I started. Regardless of the tenacity, at least it is done and today's workout is in the books.

Other than my workout, today has been pretty unremarkable except for one thing: the scale. I cheated and stepped on the scale today and it has not moved an ounce. This would be extremely disappointing except for that I really FEEL different. To prove it to myself, I put on my bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding. When we ordered this dress, it was only 3 months after having Tenley. I had to order the dress about 5 or 6 sizes larger than I wold normally wear at Banana Republic which was awful. I tried on the dress in the store and it actually fit. :( My brother brought me my bridesmaid dress over Christmas and, when I tried it on, I was mortified to see that it STILL fit...5 months later. I tried it on again 2 weeks ago for my mom (when I was two weeks into the program) and it was already big, but not by much. When I tried it on today, I am happy to say that it is noticeably bigger- like, if my nursing boobs weren't so big it would fall off. And, even with the boobs, it is too big in the chest. So something must be working. 65 days to see just how big that dress can be!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you'll have what some people call NSV which means non-scale victories. You may not see it on the scale but you'll see a change in clothes or a change in your body. Some people do weekly body measurements because they tend to see more results in the inches and then the scale kicks in later. Just keep doing what you're doing - you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alice! I've always been such a scale person and am really trying to just be patient and see what this will do for me. In the end, I could care less about the numbers if I feel like I look the way I want. We'll see. I really wish I would have taken measurements. I guess I could just use the ones my mom took for the bridesmaid dress- that would really show how my body (hopefully) will have been transformed since having Tenley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Chrisanne! That's an awesome victory! Proud of you friend!

    ReplyDelete