Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 41: Another Major Victory

Before I get to my major victory, let me tell you about my day. It has been a really good one. Tenley woke up about an hour earlier than usual, but after I fed her she just wanted to snuggle and we ended up getting up at the normal time. After breakfast (the usual) we got ready and went to my nephew Ethan's basketball game. It was his last one and I hadn't been able to make it to any of the others, so I decided that today was the day. I am trying really hard to make it to at least one of everything that my nieces and nephews do per season, so I almost missed out on this one! It was fun to watch him play and hang out with some of the family. I also got to see the newly remodeled Lincoln Center and we may be having Tenley's birthday party there. After the game, Tenley and I went to JoAnn fabrics to get the rest of the flowers for the centerpieces for her party during their President's Day sale. When we returned home, she slept for about an hour and a half while I ate lunch (the usual) and relaxed. Then, John took her to a basketball game and I took a nap and got my workout in. Now we're getting ready to eat pizza and hang out at home. Pretty much a perfect day.

Today's workout was Kenpo X and even though I started out sluggish because of my nap, it turned out to be a great workout. John and Tenley came home right as I was finishing and then I took a quick shower. As I was getting in my drawer for some pajamas, I noticed that I am down to the bare bones of my loungewear because of the need to do laundry. This let do my major victory. Underneath where my loungewear usually is sit my summer shorts. There are a few pairs of Express shorts in there that I have not worn since before I was pregnant. I specifically bought those shorts for a return trip to Bloomington two years ago and haven't worn them much since. I tried those shorts on a few months ago and I could barely pull them up around my hips and they didn't come close to buttoning. I tried them on tonight and they slid right on and buttoned right up. It's a miracle. I still have this annoying pooch of belly fat right above my pants line, but it is getting smaller. I at least didn't have side muffin tops in these shorts and I am absolutely floating on air right now. Hooray for P90X! 49 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment