Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 23: Holy Core!

Today has been a wonderful day. The weather is beautiful, Tenley has been in a great mood, I have been able to clean my whole house, and my workout is done. John has an away game tonight, so Jenny is coming over for dinner and I am so looking forward to catching up with her and just having a little "girl time." Today is also my friend Becky's (shout out!) son Finn's (double shout out!) first birthday. I don't know why his birthday has affected me so much today (in a good way) but it really has. Becky and I went through a large part of our pregnancies together and I still look to her for advice often. To think that Finn is one today really puts things in perspective and goes to show how a year can fly by so fast. Tenley's birthday is in just 2 1/2 short months and it literally blows my mind that my baby can be a year old already. It has gone by in the blink of an eye. Now I can relate to my mom when she says, "It still seems like you were just born yesterday." I was looking at Tenley as she took a nap and I had to do a double take at how long she is. She is just not a little peanut anymore. It makes me sad, but happy for the days to come. So, Happy Birthday Finn- I hope your day has been as good as ours! :)

Keeping with the tone of this great day, I had a really great workout. I can't decide if I liked it so much because it was something brand new or if I just had the energy to power through it, but P90X introduced me to "core synergistics" today. Spellcheck is telling my that "synergistics" is not a word, so congratulations Tony Horton for introducing me to more nonsense. The thing is, this nonsense kicked my butt today. I can't even describe the workout, but I finished with a sweat-soaked shirt and everything feeling like jelly. That's what I like in a workout. I think that I do this workout twice this week, so I will look forward to it when it comes. Maybe I should wait and see how I feel tomorrow.

Food today is nothing to write home about. I wouldn't even talk about my food intake from day to day if it weren't for stupid dinner. Tonight I will be having Jimmy Johns (again) with Jenny. I am going to make sure to go easy on the mayo and I don't think I will get any chips, but still- I know this isn't the best meal for me and I continue to have it. Last night's tacos were amazing, but I definitely ate more than I should have. I don't know what to do about the dinner situation and am just going to try to keep eating like I have been because I want to see how much the P90X works when having a good breakfast, light lunch, and semi-sensible dinner. After the 90 days I will decide what needs to change with my eating. I feel pretty good because since I have started this program I have cut out the snacks (almost entirely) and am making smarter choices when eating out. Before this program, we were seriously eating pizza, Chinese, and burgers/fries for dinner most nights. It was awful and disgusting. So, my eating has changed but I don't know if it has changed enough.

I am very impressed that I have stuck with this for 23 days and have only missed 1 1/2 workouts. That is amazing to me given my workout track record in the last year or so. Let's see if we can keep it up- 67 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment