Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 14: Another Rest Day

I am writing this post feeling absolutely ashamed of myself for falling off the wagon this weekend. My eating has been awful, but at least I have stuck to the workout plan and I plan to get right back on the wagon tomorrow. It is really hard to eat well when my parents are in town and I know that is an excuse, but it is just the way it is. Last night we went to a new BBQ place in Frankfort that was super good and instead of getting a pulled pork salad like I thought I would, I got the pulled pork dinner complete with french fries, corn bread, and mac and cheese. :( I only ate half of the meal, but I plan on eating the other half for dinner tonight. Oh, did I mention the pulled pork nachos? Yeah, I had those too. Fail, fail, fail. Today I had cereal, coffee and a donut (which was not good but I ate it anyway) and we just finished pizza for lunch. More failing. I probably should work out today just to compensate but I am sticking to the P90X sequence so that when I finish all 90 days, I can say that I followed the workout plan.

Amongst all of this bad eating, I have actually managed to lose another pound and a half this week which puts me about 2 pounds away from the weight I was the day I found out I was pregnant and another 7 or 8 pounds away from a weight I would be truly happy about. I have realized that I am less interested in what the scale says and more interested in the way I actually look. As I said in yesterday's post, I feel like the parts I am most uncomfortable with (baby flab around the stomach, thighs that rub together, etc) are starting to look and FEEL a bit better which is what I am happy about. I think that is why I am so interested to stick through the P90X program to see if it actually does make a difference in the way I look. I know that I am not going to be ripped- I am not following the diet plan they lay out because it is just not something I am interested in. Maybe if I get to the end of the 90 days and don't have the results I want I will do another round and try it with the diet; by that time I will (possibly) be weaning Tenley and will not have to worry so much about my calorie intake or whatever.

I am vowing to do better this week. With that, there are "only" 76 days to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment