Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 10: My Favorite Workout Thus Far...

Today has been another good day. When I got up I realized that I was completely out of lunch food and one bowl away from having no more cereal, so a trip to the grocery store was in the cards for me and Tenley. I hate, hate, HATE going to the grocery store. Today's visit wasn't so bad in the grand scheme of things. Ultra (again, HATE that place!) was less busy than usual with less crotchety, sketchy people than usual and our checkout lady was super nice. Tenley was also an angel through the whole experience which always makes things easier. :) Once we returned home, we continued our day with a quick morning nap (for Tenley), lunch, a little play time, and then a long nap (for Tenley) and a workout (for me).

There isn't much to comment on where food is concerned today. Breakfast and lunch have been the same as usual and my water consumption hasn't been too bad. Tonight I am making Taco Pizza and Spanish rice, so that probably isn't the healthiest of meals. I'm kind of sticking to the concept that if I eat well during the day, the nighttime meal is a kind of free for all as long as I don't go crazy with portions. I think that I still have the whole nursing thing on my side which probably helps a bit with the calorie burn. I haven't snacked at all today (no little cookies! no holiday candy!) so that will also help where dinner is concerned. I hope. :)

Today's workout was great. This has to be my favorite one- shoulders, biceps, and triceps. If you ever asked me if I would enjoy lifting free weights, I would have laughed in your face. This P90X workout is great because each set is a shoulder exercise followed by a biceps exercise followed by a triceps exercise and then repeated once before introducing a new shoulder/bi/tri combo. It goes by super fast and your arms really feel spent afterwards. I took it easy the first time I did it and increased my weights today. I really tried to push myself so we'll see if it pays off. Either way, I'm going to be sore tomorrow because my arms feel like absolute jelly. This workout was followed up with another round of Ab Ripper X which I am growing to HATE even though I think I am getting better at it. It is 16 minutes of pure agony but it does go by fast. I think that's another reason I like P90X- only a couple of the routines drag (Yoga X, anyone?).

Tomorrow is the dreaded Yoga day. I hate Yoga. For those people who love Yoga, I give you props. It is just not for me. I think it will be a bit better when I get the hang of the poses and the names of everything so I don't always have to watch Tony, but it just moves so sloooooow. I know that that is the point in some respects, but it doesn't make it suck any less. Oh well, at least I know that slowly but surely I am working my way through this program. 80 days left!

1 comment: