Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 19: Friday Workout is in the Books

So after I wrote my post last night, I had a lingering feeling of guilt for missing my workout. Before I went to sleep, I told myself to just forget it and move on which is exactly what I have done. I woke up this morning with a "new day, new chance" attitude and let bygones be bygones.

Tenley and I have had a very busy week so it was nice to know that we had nowhere to go today. It has and continues to be a long day because we had Clara again this morning and John has an away game tonight which means it's all me, all day and all night with Tenley. I LOVE my baby, but these days that it's me and only me with her get to be tiring. Yesterday was the same way. Sometimes you just need a break, you know? But, I also realize that motherhood doesn't really allow for breaks and am thankful that she has started and continues to take naps so that I can at least work out. Enough said.

Eating today has gone without a hitch. Cereal and coffee for breakfast, turkey sandwich/baked lays/yogurt/diet pepsi for lunch, and now I am questioning dinner. Since John isn't going to be home, I am not going to cook. The only things I really have in the house to make quickly for one person is what I eat for lunch and, although I love my lunch combo, I don't think I can do it twice in one day. I would really like to get Subway, but that would mean packing up Tenley and going out which really seems stupid to do. I wish the Munster Subway had a drive-thru because at least I wouldn't have to drag Tenley out of the car, in to the restaurant, and back again. To those of you who do not have children: cherish the fact that you can run in to and out of your favorite sandwich shop/deli/coffee place now because it becomes a lot more complicated when you have a baby. :) I think what I am going to do is order Jimmy John's. I know that this is probably not the smartest idea, but I am only going to order a sandwich (no chips, no cookie like I usually do) and just have some baked lays here at home. I don't really see any other option and I am not going to load Tenley up and drag her out if I don't have to. Also, I think that as far as delivery goes, Jimmy John's is smarter than pizza, right?

Today's workout was Legs and Back followed by Ab Ripper X. I think not working out yesterday actually helped the motivation a little because the Legs and Back workout went by fast. That workout is hard. It reminds me a lot of Beth's BLT class which I secretly loved and not so secretly hated. Boy to be 26 again and working out at Gator's! The Ab Ripper X was as excruciating as ever, but I have found that the one dang move that I have never been able to do is slowly starting to come to fruition. I can do half of it for about half the reps it takes Tony and the gang. I think my overall goal for Ab Ripper X is to be able to do every move and (hopefully) do each move for as many reps as Tony. We will see if that happens.

Tomorrow is Kenpo X and it should be pretty good as long as I can find the time to do it. Betty and I are going shopping tomorrow for a very special tater tot's shower gift in the morning so hopefully Tenley will be ready for a nap when we get home and I can get the workout in. I am looking forward to Sunday's rest day and am very interested to see what Week 4 holds. I have been reading up on it a little and it is a rest/stretch week to let the muscles that "have been confused" rest and ready for what lies ahead. Whatever. As long as it does what it says it's going to do, I will be happy. 71 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment