Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 13: 2nd Favorite Workout= Kenpo X

So last night was an EPIC FAIL. Not only did I not find a time to fit in Ab Ripper X, I didn't even THINK about doing it after I posted on this blog. Also, John called and wanted to know if I wanted to go to El Salto since his game was cancelled so we packed up Tenley, braved the snow storm, and had a fantastic little family dinner. Sometimes it still amazes me when I look across the table to see that I have a husband and a 9 month old. The fact that Tenley is 9 months old today just blows my mind. Anyways, I had a soft chicken taco and an order of rice and beans which is less than I usually order but John swindled me into sharing a fried ice cream so I pretty much just blew it. It made me really glad that I at least did the leg workout yesterday!

Today I am back on track and feeling good. Breakfast and lunch are in the bag and I have already done my workout. My parents are on their way, so I know that dinner will be a struggle. John found a new BBQ place out in the Franfort/Tinley area that we are going to try so I need to try to be somewhat sensible with what I eat. Maybe a pulled pork salad? We'll see.

Today's workout was awesome. The Kenpo X was easier (coordination-wise) this week because I remembered the sequence of moves from last week. I finished it ten minutes ago and I am still sweating which always makes me feel like I have accomplished something. I was kind of dreading this workout today because it starts out so slow and the stretching is weird, but once it gets going if flies by. It's a nice way to end my workout week, especially after the bad eating I had yesterday.

Tomorrow is a rest day which is perfectly timed because of my parents being here. I then have one more week of this sequence and then it is a week of more cardio less weights (I think). I don't know what the scale will read tomorrow, but I can tell you that I think that my body is starting to change. This is a weird thing to go by, but my Santa put new undies in my stocking this year and I have been wearing them somewhat uncomfortably. They are the same size that I wore before I was pregnant but it seems that they just haven't been fitting well and I always feel like fat is just spilling over everywhere. I noticed today that they are a little more comfortable, so hopefully that is a sign of toning and not of my underwear just stretching. :) 77 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment