Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 2: A Total Crapfest (But Good in the Personal Goal Dept)

I am not usually one to use social media to complain about how crappy my life is (because it's not) or how bad my day is (who else cares besides me) or to lament about the woes that plague me (because there aren't many). But, today is a different story. Today was totally craptastic and I am going to complain about it here because I feel like it is the only place (besides to my mom which I have already done) that I really care to share.

First of all, I got a really badass pair of new black boots when I went shopping the day after Christmas. I got them at Macy's and was able to use a 20% coupon, so I thought I was getting a good deal. I chose these boots over a really awesome pair at Aldo that were exactly the same price but with no discount available. Once I got my awesome boots home, I realized that badass does not equal comfortable and that discount or no discount, I still spent entirely way too much money on this pair of boots for them to not be comfortable. Also, I received a camera connection kit for my ipad so that I could download pictures from my camera directly to the ipad instead of having to sync it to my computer all the time. I have tried numerous times, but it just does not work no matter what I do. All of this to say, a trip to Orland Mall was planned today to visit the folks at the Apple Store and to return my boots. An extra bonus to this trip was that I was going to purchase the Aldo boots because I now have a $100 American Express gift card that has those boots' name all over it. I packed Tenley and myself up around 9:30 this morning and off we went; just two gals ready to enjoy a morning at the mall.

When I got to Macy's, the return of the Steve Maddens went without a hitch. I had to wait behind a totally slow old woman who was trying to argue the difference of thirty cents with the cashier, but at least the full amount of MY return was credited back to the good ol' Macy's card. Next, we went to the Apple Store. The first representative I had couldn't figure out what was going on with my business, so she scheduled me for an appointment with a tech for 20 minutes later. Just enough time for me to run up, get my boots, and get back to Apple. A carted Tenley to the second floor and entered Aldo, grabbed the boot I wanted, and waited 15 minutes for the clerk to notice me. She was talking with ANOTHER old lady about a price thing and by the time she got me my boots and I could try them on, I had no time to pay for them (since she was still haggling with the old woman). I asked her to hold them for me until after my appointment and raced down to Apple to keep my appointment.

I love the Apple Store, I really do. I love that I can take any of my gadgets in there and they will help me with them. But this appointment lasted over an hour because they needed to restore my iPad and, while my Apple helper was doing the restore, he took another appointment with AN OLD WOMAN who wanted to buy an iPhone. I had to stand rocking Tenley in the middle of the Apple Store for 45 minutes until my guy came back, only to tell me that my iPad was faulty, not the camera connector kit. So after that WHOLE WAIT they said that I needed a new iPad. Which they just gave to me, which made the whole appointment worth it. Still, Tenley was at the end of her rope and so was I.

The last thing we had to do was go back up and get my boots. Of course, in the hour that lapsed between being there the first time and now, the place was packed. When I finally got me, Tenley, and the stroller up to the counter (that store is NOT made for strollers!) and the girl rang me up, she couldn't get my gift card to work. She just looked at me like I was stupid and said "It's not going through." I was so fed up with the day that I said, "Then you can keep the boots" and shoveled Tenley (who was SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS) on out of there. I was not about to pay $180 for boots no matter how flustered I was.

Once we got home, Tenley's mood did not improve much, but I was able to get her down for an hour nap so that I could work out. She did not sleep any more than that hour, but at least I was able to get to what I needed to do. Today in the land of P90X was Plyometrics and I will be lucky if I can even get out of bed tomorrow. It is 58 minutes of pure Hell. But I made it through and although I feel like crap now- headache, body aches, overall exhaustion- I think I can chalk that up more to my day then to the exercise. My eating went really well today too, so it was not a total loss because I'm still on track. I think of doing 88 more days of this and I only hope that my life cooperates a little bit more. Or else I will P90X myself right off a bridge.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your day was so craptastic, friend! :( It's amazing how old women can screw up an otherwise lovely shopping trip. Also, I'm SERIOUSLY sorry about your boots. I have been trying for YEARS to find a comfortable yet stylish pair that I can basically live in. It still hasn't happened. Nice job on your working out and eating. (I'm trying to reign in my preggo cravings and that's torture.) Keep it up! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on working out and keeping the eating in check! Mine went to crap today when I had a Pepsi to keep me awake, oh and the Reese's Peanut Butter cup that seemed to be calling my name in the Cafe.

    ReplyDelete