Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 22: Bring It On Week 4

So I have officially made it through Phase 1 of P90X which has been three hard weeks of "muscle confusion." This week brings on a stretch week which I am sort of skeptical about but I am going to go with it because it supposedly works. Before I go any further, my friend Alice posted this link on my wall this morning about P90X which I thought was pretty cool:




It's neat to see that it really is supposed to work. The amount of calories burned per session kind of surprised me in a way because I totally believe it on the cardio stuff- those are sweaty, pulse pounding workouts. The lifting stuff still confuses me, but I have NEVER been a consistent weights person so what do I know?

Before getting to more workout stuff, lets talk about food. I fell off the wagon BIG TIME yesterday after writing my post. Like 5 peppermint cookies (they are small, but still) and pizza for dinner fell off the wagon. We ate pretty late last night as well, so all of that did not leave me feeling great. I am back at it today though and have had the normal boring food with no snacks and am trying desperately to get as much water as possible. I really need to be better about drinking water because I am pretty much sucking at it. Dinner tonight is going to be tacos, so we will see how that goes. It sounds pretty good right now and I even got baked Tostitos scoops thinking that if I eat some chips and salsa I won't eat a ton of tacos. We'll see how that works out.

My workout today was the dreaded Yoga X but I found today that I enjoyed it a (tiny) bit more. I'm getting the hang of the moves and even finding that I am pushing myself to bend farther/lower/deeper which really makes a difference. I broke a sweat today and held all of the poses (except for the stupid last one which I can ALMOST do) the whole time. I am still only doing the first 50 minutes of the workout and foregoing the balance poses altogether which I am hoping is not going to skew my results. If it is, I'll take it. I simply do not have an hour and 32 minutes to work out. I'm already pushing it as it is.

According to my P90X guidebook, this week is supposed to "allow your body to recover from resistance training and will focus on tightening your midsection into a hard, ripped sheet." I laugh at this as I think of Tenley kneading my belly fat this afternoon like it was playdough. Blech. Bring it on, Week 4, I need all the help I can get. 68 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment