Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 6: Done for the Day!

Today has been great so far. Although Tenley had a bad night, at least it was Saturday and John is home. He decided to take Tenley with him to a freshman basketball game this morning, so I had two and a half hours to myself...for the second time in months. And I am not exaggerating. I absolutely HATE working out in the morning, but I decided to seize this rare opportunity to get some laundry done and get my workout for the day in. Sitting on this side of the workout, I am so glad that I did!

Day 6 of P90X is Kenpo X which is a lame way of labeling cardio kickboxing. I actually liked this workout a lot because it got my heart rate up and went pretty quickly. Unlike the other workouts thus far, this workout doesn't do four moves and then repeat them, it's all new all the time. In a way, that is good because I can't anticipate what's next and it makes it go faster. Thank goodness there was no Ab Ripper X today or else I might have bailed. Tomorrow is a rest day and I am so happy that I don't have to look forward to anything for tomorrow.

Since it is early, the day still has a lot of time for my eating to shake out. Up to this point, I have only had my cereal and coffee and will eat lunch soon. Dinner will be interesting because weekends are a free for all in that area. I think I am going to catch Breaking Dawn tonight with my sister-in-law one last time before it leaves the theater, so maybe substituting popcorn for dinner is in the cards. I know it's not a healthy option, but I realize a few things about myself:

1. I can't go to the movies and not have popcorn: it's absolute torture
2. Having dinner AND popcorn is going to be a lot of unnecessary calories, especially if the popcorn is non-negotiable
3. Since I am not working out in the afternoon, I shouldn't be starving anyways

I'll let you know how it goes and I'm hoping to write my ode to Tony Horton tomorrow since it is a rest day. 84 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment