Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 9: A Good Day

Today has been a good day. Today has also flown by. As I sit here typing, I am realizing that it is already after 5:00 and I feel like we just woke up. Tenley and I had a play date today and it was a great excuse to get out of the house for a couple of hours. One of the best things about being a parent is getting together with other parents. It's a great way to get to know new people and that's what we did today. My friend Michelle is a counselor at Whiting High School and she had her daughter, Riley, on 11/11/11 (how cool is that!?). She is on maternity leave until early February and Beth let her know that I was still home so she contacted me to see if Tenley and I wanted to get together. It was so nice to spend a few hours with her talking about being new mommies and about work. Hopefully we can hang out with them again before Michelle has to go back to work.

Eating today has been interesting. I had a small bowl of cereal and coffee for breakfast and then Michelle and I had Subway for lunch. I didn't eat a whole lot of chips and I am actually going to be repeating that meal for dinner since John has to scout a game tonight. When I picked up lunch, I just made my sandwich into a foot long and will be having the other half tonight with chips, water, and maybe a yogurt. I had two (very VERY small) oatmeal chocolate chip cookies at Michelle's house which were DELICIOUS and homemade. Yum! So no other sweets or wine for me tonight!

Today's workout was killer. It was Plyometrics today which meant 58 minutes of pure jumping madness. It is SUCH a good workout (sweat is literally flying everywhere) but it is also extremely tiring. My legs still feel like jelly an hour later. Which means that I am going to have to drag my trunk around tomorrow for sure. All I know is that I absolutely did not want to work out when Tenley went down for her nap but I made myself do it and I am so glad that I did. Tomorrow's workout is all arms and I actually like it, so I think Wednesdays are going to be one to look forward to (if one can do that with any type of workout) . All I know is that I am almost out of the 80s and into the 70s in my countdown to a more toned (hopefully) body...81 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment