Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 18: Feeling Guilty

I have let it happen. I have missed a workout. I feel guilty but not awful. Here is why:

Tenley and I had a great day today. She slept through the night which is a blessing given our last week or sleep. She slept long enough for me to be fully showered and ready for the day before she woke up. Once she was up, I fed her, gave her a bath, and packed her up for another play date. Today we went to Amy's to play with Nora and this has been a play date in the making for at least 7 months. Amy happens to be one of John's former students and she and her husband were married the day before us. We found this out because they just happened to be on the same honeymoon that we were. To make things even more coincidental, Amy had Nora on March 2nd which is the second day I was in the hospital for my preterm labor. So, in essence, we almost had our girls at the same time. Thank goodness Nora was on time and Tenley decided to cook until her due date. Once Tenley was home from the hospital, John suggested I friend Amy on Facebook so that maybe we could get together. We have been exchanging messages back and forth for at least 7 months and finally decided to get together today.

We had so much fun with Amy and Nora at their house. The girls did well together and it was nice to talk to Amy in person. I only hope that we can continue to talk and get together because I feel like we are a lot alike. We were only together for a couple of hours, and the time flew by. Nora is such a little cutie and who knows? Maybe she and Tenley will become good friends.

When we returned home from Amy's, Tenley wasn't quite ready to nap yet so we played. Once it was time for her nap, I was so tired that I decided that I would lay down with her. Instead of work out. I just didn't see how Yoga X was more important today than snuggling with my baby. So, all in all, I don't really feel bad about it for these reasons:

1. It was Yoga X. The worst workout in the world
2. I know I would not have skipped any other workout
3. Because next week is a stretch week, guess what the first workout is on Monday? Yup. Yoga X.
4. Snuggling with Tenley is not something to feel guilty about

Eating today has been a little off too but I am hoping to correct it with dinner (kind of). I had cereal for breakfast and picked up Jimmy John's for Amy and I for lunch. I had my regular #2 but went easy on the mayo and didn't get chips which is a big victory for me. Instead of having a normal dinner, I am just doing to have my regular lunch with some water and hopefully that will save my eating for today. I don't think the sandwich from Jimmy John's is doing a lot of damage overall, especially since I didn't tack on the chips.

I talked to my brother last night about P90X because he has gone through it twice. I asked him when he really started seeing results and he told me about midway through the second phase. He told me to hang in there and that although he didn't lose much weight (10 pounds overall) his body was totally transformed to being toned and solid. If I can get even half of the results he did then it will be worth it. His talk was reassuring (even if I skipped today) because I want to make sure I am not wasting an hour and 20 minutes 6 days a week on something that isn't going to give results. At this point, I am spending the only hour and 20 minutes I have to myself ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT on working out. I could be doing TONS of other things with that time, so I want to be sure that at the end of 90 days it wasn't all for nothing.

With that, I have 72 days to go. That's right- I am just totally skipping today. I'm not going to make it up, we are just going to move forward.

1 comment:

  1. Yoga sucks. And I'm 100% sure you are right about snuggling never being a bad thing! :)

    ReplyDelete