Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lean Days 7, 8, and 9: Good at Working Out, Bad at Posting

I can't believe I have forgotten to post for the past few days. They have been kind of busy, at least during the times I usually try and post. Day 7 was Sunday and it was a rest day which was good because it was Mother's Day. We had a nice day that included brunch with the Terry family, a nice day at home, and Coldstone Creamery in the evening. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if I could have seen my mom and grandma but we are trying to alternate holidays and I was at home for Mother's Day last year. Day 8 was spent cleaning our filthy house and then we had a great visit with Finn and Becky. Finn and Tenley were able to play out in our backyard with the water table and sandbox which was awesome. It was such a beautiful day and I was happy that we were able to spend part of it with two of our favorite people. John came home shortly after they left and he eventually took Tenley on a run with him so that I could work out. Yesterday's workout was Core Synergistics and I did everything but the "bonus round" because I wanted to be able to shower and eat before John came back with Tenley. Overall I consider it a success. Day 9 (today) has been wonderful. Tenley and I got up and did our usual morning routine before getting ready and having lunch at WWMS with Kathy, Julie, and Barb. It was great to catch up with them and I wanted to see Kathy at school one more time before she retires. While I was there I learned that my resignation was accepted by the school board last night, so I am officially a stay at home mom and couldn't be happier! Once we were done with lunch, Ten and I headed over to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to pick up a gift for my future sister-in-law's shower and then came home to spend around 3 hours in the back yard. I LOVE it back there. We kept on hanging out after John came home and he again (eventually) took Tenley on a run so that I could do the Cardio X workout. I did it in its entirety and managed to shower before they came home. I then fed Tenley a hodgepodge of a dinner (because she is kind of refusing to eat a lot of any one thing at the moment), gave her a bath to get the sunscreen and watermelon juice off of her (she is finally swallowing the watermelon!), and now we are ready for bed. Hopefully tomorrow will produce another good workout. It is the Shoulders and Arms workout that I enjoy but it is SO LONG. So we will see what happens. Tenley and I will be heading to the mall tomorrow afternoon to get some birthday gifts, so everything will have to center around that little outing. 81 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment