Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lean Day 10: Slight Change of Plans

Today has been another pretty excellent day. It has also seemed like a long day for some reason, but not in a bad way. Since it was going to be a little cooler today, I decided that it would be a good day to go to the mall and get some birthday gifts that are needed for later in the week. I usually try to run these errands in the morning, but since Tenley has been napping more often than not before lunch, I decided to just take things as they came. It seemed to be a wise decision because things went pretty well. Tenley woke up about an hour earlier than usual today so she was a bit crabby all morning. She went down for a nap at around 10:30, but slept until after 12:30 which is rare. We at lunch and headed out the door to Orland Park. When we got to Orland, I tried to do the things that really needed to be done right off the bat. Usually when I go to the mall, I tear around like a mad woman because I want to get everything done before Tenley decides that she has had enough. Today we took our time and, instead of getting flustered when she started getting antsy, I just changed things up. The first time we changed her diaper. The next time we spent time in the play area. The last time we got frozen yogurt and watched the carousel. Overall, we were able to be there for a couple of hours and I got everything done without any tantrums...an accomplishment. I still would not try to take her shopping with me when I really need to get things done for me (i.e.- try on clothes) but that is just for now. :) When we got home, John had decided to run to the grocery store and brought home Jimmy Johns. I was supposed to do the Shoulders and Arms workout today but it is 59 minutes long and it was already 6:00. I fed Tenley dinner and decided to go on John's run. It was such a perfect night for a run even though we had to bundle Tenley up a little. It was nice to run again- I haven't done it in so long but I found that it came pretty easy which means that the P90X must have done a little in the stamina department as well. We went for about 3 miles but did it in a run/walk by streets. Who knows how much of a workout it really was but I know it got my heart rate up more than the Shoulders and Arms workout would have. We have no plans for tomorrow but I have a feeling most of the afternoon will be spent outside with the water toys since it is supposed to be hot. My nephew has a baseball game at 5:30, so we may walk down to watch that for a bit. Otherwise, tomorrow is Yoga which means tomorrow is really Cardio. :) 80 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment