Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lean Day 3: Shoulders, Bi, Tri...Shoulders, Bi, Tri

Today has been a very typical, normal day in the lives of Tenley and me. Besides the fact that she didn't sleep AGAIN last night, our day today went pretty much as it usually does. Breakfast followed by playtime/chores followed by a little time outside followed by lunch then a nap, then more playing/laundry until John gets home. John agreed to take Tenley this evening so that I could work out, so I fed her dinner around 6 and they have been gone shopping for Mother's Day (isn't that cute?) ever since. After calling my grandparents, I dove into Day 3 of P90X Lean. I already love this (as much as one can love working out with Tony) program more than the P90X "Classic" because the first three weeks are all of my favorite workouts. Today was my favorite Wednesday lifting workout which incorporates Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps. The only bad thing about this workout is that it clocks in at 59 minutes and 40 seconds or something like that, so I did everything but the "bonus round" tonight since I thought I would be cutting it close on time to work out, shower, and eat. It was a good workout and my arms should feel it tomorrow. Tomorrow is supposed to be Yoga which means that it will more than likely be Cardio instead. That is if I get a chance to work out. John is a huge fan of George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic and they are playing at the Cubby Bear tomorrow night. He has talked about seeing them since we met (6 years!) and we have never made it to a show together. Now, this is not my first choice of bands to see. Let's face it- the best concert I've been to besides DMB was N'Sync where I screamed like a 9 year old girl- so Parliament Funkadelic is not really my bag. But, John is so beyond excited to see them that I couldn't say no. We will see how tomorrow night goes. :) It will be a late night but John is taking the day off on Friday so at least I won't be caring for Tenley alone...in theory... Speaking of Tenley, I have discovered two funny things about her. First, She loves to fake laugh and it is pretty much the funniest/cutest thing on the planet. It's somewhere between a laugh and a cough but she makes no facial expression while doing it. Second, she does a funny thing when eating watermelon. At first I thought she didn't like it, because she was spitting it out. But, in actuality, she takes a piece, puts it in her mouth, chews it up and sucks all the juice out of it, and then sticks her tongue in and out of her mouth until the piece falls back out. It totally reminds me of the Sex and the City episode where they go to LA and Miranda goes out to eat steak with her friend who used to live in New York. He's lost all of this weight to try and fit in with the LA scene and Miranda finds out that he does so because he doesn't actually eat his food- he chews it up to get the taste and then spits it in the napkin so he doesn't have to digest it. Totally gross, but totally Tenley. What a nut! 87 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment