Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 90: Dear Tony Horton

Dear Tony Horton:

My name is Chrisanne Terry and I am, as of today, a "P90X Graduate." Going into this program, I'm not sure what I expected. First, I was very unsure as to whether or not I could stick with it for 90 days. Second, I was hoping that if I DID stick with it, I would see my body in a condition that I had never seen it before. I'm here to tell you that I survived the 90 days (with a few missed workouts here and there) and I am feeling pretty good.

When I started this program, I had not worked out in months if not over a year. I was very hesitant that I didn't even know if I was in good enough pre-shape to actually start the program. So hesitant, in fact, that I did not even do the fit test and just dove in to Day 1. I have to tell you, Tony, you were not my favorite person at first. I found your jokes to be annoying and wanted to throw things at the TV during 90 percent of the workouts. Gradually, my way of thinking shifted though. I started to look forward to seeing you every day with your perfect smile and rippling muscles. I grew very fond of knowing that your dad once threw a no-hitter, your friend from Chicago gave you your Navy Pier muscle top, and that you like to wear "What's loose, what's comfortable" during Kenpo X. Every time you said the phrase "This is a horse stance. THIS isn't. This is just standing up" I giggled a little. You have turned out to be a wonderful motivator and almost a friend over the past three months. Thanks for pushing me without even knowing me.

To Dreya Webber, Joe, Eric, Scott, Pam the Blam, Vanessa, Jason, Jackie, Aaron, Tim the Marine, Tony the Former Marine, Laura, Katie, Lorraine, David, and all you other P90X demonstrators that I have worked out with over the past 90 days, I am OBSESSED with knowing what happened to you. Did Jason and Vanessa get married? Did Dreya ever date Tony? Did David ever find a teaching job? It almost kills me not knowing more about these people, so much so that I tried to look several of them up and found a fellow P90X grad who put a little more into his research here:

http://www.fitbomb.com/p/p90x.html

Now for my results. I want to show you, Tony, because my body is actually not what I expected it to be. I expected more muscle tone, more "ripped-ness" but I realized around Day 30 that this was probably a little unrealistic. You see, although I followed your workout plan pretty closely, I DID NOT follow your meal plan at all. Like, I finally found the nutrition guide when I was cleaning yesterday...on Day 89. But I am happy with my results. I am going to try to post some pictures and forgive the bra and underwear shots- it didn't occur to me to put a swimsuit on until Day 30. Since it is too hard to figure out how to post them all in the correct order, here is a link to the album I kept them in. I have no plans to print these off or do anything with them, it was just the easiest way I could figure out how to do it.

http://photo2.walgreens.com/walgreens/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=14094553002/a=7393609_7393609/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=walgreens/

So, Tony, my journey with you is now over for the time being. I am planning to take a week or so off and then meet you back fro the P90X lean program. Until then, I will miss your wisecracks and testosterone-driven rants but my body will enjoy a little time off.

Love,

Chrisanne Terry

PS- I'm sorry about the inconsistency with the pictures. The mirror that I was using in our bedroom took an unfortunate turn for the worst between Days 60 and 90. :(

2 comments:

  1. Chrisanne--you look amazing, and are my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job, Chrisanne! I agree with Becky--so inspiring! It's a relief to know I could actually like my body again one day after our little guys arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete