Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 89: A Great Day

So today has been really good. Like, incredibly good. I have been looking forward to today for the past couple of weeks and it did not disappoint.

Tenley woke up around 7 and she was fed and out of bed by 7:30. I ate my breakfast and then cleaned our bedroom and the bathroom. All that is left to do before Carrie comes tomorrow is sweep the remaining floors and clean the kitchen. Oh, and to figure out where I am going to put all of Tenley's party stuff since it is piled a mile high on the guest room bed. Either Carrie will have to sleep on the floor or I need to get crackin' on a new home for that stuff for a week. It would have had to be moved anyways because I will have my mom and brother here next week. Hopefully I can work on that tonight.

Once Tenley had eaten breakfast, had a bath, and I had showered, I nursed her one more time and then I was off on my own to shop! I started off at Walgreens where I picked up some new pictures for the party, then swung by Cakes by Karen to order Tenley's smash cake. I had intended to make the cake myself and even practiced it once, but my mom convinced me that I was going to have enough to prepare next week without stressing out over that cake. I am happy to hand the reins over on this one; they always do great work. Once that was taken care of, I hit the road for Orland Park. As I was approaching the Target plaza, I spied a Party City out of the corner of my left eye, so I turned in and managed to get all of the party supplies for next weekend. This was a huge relief because I was planning on having to go to Highland for that and knocked it out today instead. My last (and longest) stop was to the mall to find some new clothes suitable for a night on the town, new jeans, and a couple of shirts so that I don't have to keep wearing the same 6 things over and over. It was a successful trip.

I was a bit bent out of shape when I left the house at 10:30 because John was supposed to get someone to watch Tenley when he had to leave for class at 3:30. Of course, he waited until the last minute (ie, 10:00 this morning) to check with anyone and, shocker, no one was free. Which is fine, I just wish he would have checked with someone BEFORE today. So that meant that I had a deadline and I DID NOT want to have to be home at a certain time. I was envisioning this shopping trip to be awful because things wouldn't fit right/I wouldn't be able to find what I wanted/I would get discouraged. Exactly the opposite happened. I found a BUNCH of cute things at Express including the perfect wash of jeans and ended up getting an outfit for Saturday night as well as some interchangeable pieces while I was there. The best thing was that I had a $75 off coupon AND a $50 gift card from my brother for Christmas so it all ended up being waaaaaay cheaper than it could have been. I swung through Forever 21 but didn't find anything I loved, then picked up a couple of shirts at H&M. I stopped in a couple other stores and decided to go look at swimsuits at Victoria's Secret. I thought I might be pushing my luck with this since the trip had been pretty fulfilling thus far, but John had given me a gift card to VS and I had told myself that I was going to look for a good quality swimsuit with it. I picked up a few that I liked and then also grabbed an emerald green one on a whim. It was a type of top I had never worn before and I wasn't sure about it but LOVED it when I tried it on. Well, I loved it as much as anyone can love being in a swimsuit a year after having a baby and still lactating. The bonus was that the sales attendant took my measurement and I have apparently lost 2 inches around my ribs (or whatever that measurement is). I still ended up in the same size top as I've usually worn but have the option to hook the swimsuit top further if it seems big.

This whole trip left me feeling pretty good and wishing that I could hug Tony Horton. For now, I will just enjoy my purchases and look forward to tomorrow- DAY 90!

1 DAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment