Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 87: First Core Workout in a LOOOONG Time

Today has been a pretty typical day. Although John is home for Spring Break, he has been laying around all day watching movies and apparently recovering from his night last night. So Tenley and I have conducted business as usual. We got up, ate breakfast, and cleaned a little bit of the house. I was able to dip all of the chocolate covered ladybug cookies for her party, so that was a major accomplishment. Having those and the pretzels out of the way makes me a little bit less anxiety-stricken for all the baking to come next week. :) After we ate lunch, Tenley fell asleep and I was able to put her in her crib where I am assuming she is still sleeping. I put the monitor next to John's unmoving zombie head and headed down to the basement to work out.

Today's workout was Core Synergistics and I have not done this one in probably four weeks. I really liked it the first times I did it but today I did not. I'm not sure why because it is an excellent workout but I was hating it today. I did the whole thing in it's entirety, but it was not fun. At least it's done for the day and I don't have to feel so bad about whatever I consume at the game tonight. I am really hoping we will go to Goose Island before the game (our little tradition which I LOVE) so that I can get a salad and then not have to worry about eating at the game. The total opposite end of that spectrum would be to go to El Burrito before the game (which I DO NOT love) or to just eat at the game (which I am not amped about). We are meeting friends down there at 5, so if it is a 7:05 start then we should have time for Goose Island. We shall see.

In the next two hours I need to shower, bathe Tenley, feed her, and get everything around to be gone for the evening. Carrie is coming over to watch her tonight (I have THE ABSOLUTE BEST FAMILY) and I hope Tenley is OK. She always does well for both Carrie and Julie, but this will be a bedtime babysitting gig and I am hoping it goes smoothly. I can't say that I won't get her up to nurse and cuddle her when I get home, but it just depends on how well she is sleeping.

I bit the bullet today and weighed myself and was grateful to see that I was up less than a pound from when I went to my Mom's which made me extremely happy. I am hoping that by Friday I will be back down and then some, making my total loss right around 10 pounds.

3 more days! Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment