Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 88: Crabby Pants

You would think that the name of this post would refer to my almost-1-year-old but sadly, no, it refers to me. I have been in the WORST mood all day and I don't know why. I think part of it has to do with the funky schedule (or total lack thereof) we've been keeping for the past three weeks. I am ready to go back to the normal do nothing for awhile schedule. The thing is, everything we have been doing has been lots of fun but there has been a bit of a lack of normal sleep which could throw a wrench in anything. All of this to say, I'm grumpy. :(

Last night was pretty fun. We did end up hitting Goose Island for dinner and they had Cubby Blue which I have been waiting to have for two summers now. The summer before I got pregnant, we literally went there ten times and they were out of it EVERY SINGLE TIME. Then, last year I only went to one game when we took Tenley over Labor Day and we didn't chance going to lunch AND the game for fear of her mood and nursing needs. Needless to say, I was super excited when I saw it on the board and on the menu AND that it was in stock. I also had the salad that I love, so food-wise I did great. I didn't even have any junk food at the game. Hooray!

Today we woke up and had to go out to our Mortgage company to sign some papers for our refinance. Then we swung by the church where we are going to have the birthday party to pay for the room. I can't believe how expensive a child's birthday is. Holy cow. Our RSVPs were due today, and over half of the people we invited haven't RSVPd which is extremely annoying because we had to pay based on the number of people. So we could end up owing more if we go over the initial limit which would be good to know upfront. Oh, and we have to make food for the people coming and I would like to know how much to make. Sorry. Just a little side rant. I told you I was grumpy, right?

Once we got home, I laid down with Tenley for a nap hoping that this would help. It did a little bit. Then John took Tenley so I could Kenpo it up. That helped my mood a lot. Now that I'm done, we are going to get John's car (yes, it's broken AGAIN after he told me that it was good-as-new after the last repair) and then we should be in for the evening. I don't know what we are going to do for dinner since this is the only day this week that we are going to be home all together. I need to do some laundry and get some motivation to clean a little.

Tomorrow should be a fun day for me. I am going shopping sans baby for some new clothes and a shower gift for my brother and Sarah. John starts a class tomorrow night from 5-9, so I am hoping that I can get back in time to work out before he has to leave. We'll see.

2 MORE DAYS!!

1 comment: